University of Washington Football Player Arrested and Charged with Rape; Played in College Football Playoff Games Despite Allegations

A University of Washington football player, Tylin “Tybo” Rogers, has been arrested and charged with raping two women in Seattle. Shockingly, court documents reveal that Rogers played in two College Football Playoff games for the university after at least one of the allegations was known to the school.

Rogers, an 18-year-old freshman running back from Bakersfield, California, was taken into custody by Seattle police officers on Friday and subsequently booked into King County Jail. He now faces charges of second-degree rape and third-degree rape. The bail for each case has been set at $150,000, as per court documents. It remains unclear whether Rogers has legal representation at this time. Jail records indicate that he has been released on bond. The Associated Press’s attempts to contact Rogers have been unsuccessful thus far.

In response to the arrest, the University of Washington athletic department has suspended Rogers from all team activities until further notice. The university has pledged to gather facts and cooperate with the police investigation as requested.

According to court documents, one of the alleged victims, a 19-year-old Seattle Central Community College student, reported being raped in the city’s Capitol Hill neighborhood last year. The woman and Rogers had initially connected on the dating app Tinder in August 2023. They subsequently met and began messaging each other. On October 23, Rogers visited her apartment, where he allegedly assaulted her. The woman reported the incident to the police on October 28 and underwent a sexual assault examination at Harborview Medical Center.

The second victim, a 22-year-old University of Washington student, reported being raped in November 2023 in the University District. She had met Rogers at a Halloween party at the university and later matched with him on Tinder. After making plans to hang out, Rogers allegedly became forceful and assaulted her upon entering her apartment. The woman informed the university of the incident on November 28. Court documents reveal that Rogers called her on that date to confront her about the allegations. He was subsequently suspended from team activities around late November 2023.

Despite his suspension, Rogers was allowed to participate in the Huskies’ two College Football Playoff games a month later. In the semifinal victory over the Texas Longhorns on January 1, Rogers recorded five carries for 19 yards. He rushed for two yards in the National Championship Game against the Michigan Wolverines on January 8. It is worth noting that multiple emails within the University of Washington athletic department confirmed that Rogers should be removed from the team’s travel roster for the Pac-12 Championship game, but no reasons were provided for this action.

Last season, the University of Washington football team was coached by Kalen DeBoer, who departed for Alabama following the national championship game. Jedd Fisch is now the head coach. Fisch, who was not present during Rogers’ suspension, stated after practice on Tuesday that he had not been made aware of the previous allegations or the reasons for the suspension. He emphasized that as soon as the allegations were brought to their attention, Rogers was suspended indefinitely.

Author: CrimeDoor

Leave a Reply

Share on:

[mailpoet_form id="1"]

Subscribe to Our Newsletter