You should also read our Terms which set out the contract between you and Navigation Media.
1. The information we collect about you
We may collect and use the following Personal Data to provide the Services to you and fulfil the Terms:
• When you sign up for our Services you give us Personal Data voluntarily by providing it to us, for example when you sign up for an account. We collect and use that information in order to authenticate you when you register an account and use the Services, to make sure you are eligible and able to receive the Services, and so that you receive the correct version of the Services. That information includes the in-game username you choose to use on our Services, and internal account IDs that we assign to your account. Depending on which of the Services you use, that may include your name, mailing address, phone number, country of residency, gender, date of birth (as needed to verify eligibility), and email address. We use that information to fulfil those Services to you and to provide related customer support to you.
• If you choose to link your Google account to the Services, we will collect your Google email address and an authentication token provided by Google.
• If you choose to link your Facebook account to the Services, we will collect a unique user ID provided by Facebook and, if permitted by you, your Facebook registered email address.
• If you choose to link your Apple account to the Services, we will collect your email address on file with your Apple ID account or a private relayed email address if you use the Hide My Email option provided by Apple.
• We collect and use your device location information as you use our Services (and, if you elect to turn on background location tracking for our Services, while you are not directly interacting with the Services), including how you move around and events that occur during gameplay. We identify your location using a variety of technologies, including GPS, the WiFi points you are accessing the Service through and mobile/cell tower triangulation.
• Crash reports, which may be automatically generated when or if our Services crash and includes information about the system and the crash.
• We may collect data directly from and automatically via your use of the Services including non-identifiable game play information from you and/or your device as you use the Services, such as a persistent device identifier, play progress, inventory, items collected and/or unlocked, levels and scenes played and visited, performance stats, achievements, preferred settings, how long you played and when, and other usage statistics.
• We also collect and use your in-game actions, as well as certain information about your mobile device (including device identifiers, device OS, model, configuration, settings and information about third party applications or software installed on your device), to operate the Services for you and to personalize your gameplay and user experience.
• You also give us Personal Data when you make a purchase through us, subscribe to our publications, register for a live event, enter a competition, promotion, sweepstakes or survey or communicate with us.
2. How we use the information we collect about you
We have and rely on a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data as follows:
Use of Information by Us. We may use your information:
• to provide you with our Services;
• to improve our Services and to customize your experience with the Services;
• to maintain your account;
• for internal business purposes;
• for any purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information;
• any purposes provided for in our Terms;
• to provide and improve AR experiences;
• to provide technical and customer support to you;
• to offer new or additional features for our Services;
• to enforce our Terms;
• to send you materials by email or via in-app notifications, or other commutations;
Third Parties. We may engage vendors, agents, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us. In providing their services, they may access, receive, maintain or otherwise process data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your data for their own marketing and other purposes.
Legal Matters; Safety. We may, without your consent, access and disclose your information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about you as may be permitted or required by law or to prevent or investigate suspected fraud or activity that appears to us to be illegal or may expose us to legal liability. Additionally, we may disclose your information and/or communications in situations that we believe to be: (i) emergencies involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property if we believe that your information in any way relates to that threat; or (ii) your conduct that we believe is inappropriate and inconsistent with generally accepted norms of behavior.
3. Who we share information with
We will not share any Personal Data that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
• run, operate and maintain our Services through third party platform and software tools;
• perform content moderation and crash analytics;
• run email and mobile messaging campaigns;
• perform game and marketing analytics;
• provide payment attribution and process payments for purchases; and
• provide technical and customer support.
Information Shared with Other Players. When you use the Services, information about you may be shared or visible to other users therefore become publicly available, including with out-limitation: your username, in-game profile, achievements and public messages.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We only share information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties when we reasonably believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas and warrants); (b) to protect our property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (c) to investigate and stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. Information that we collect from our users, including Personal Data, is a business asset. If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your Personal Data, will be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
4. How your Personal Data is transferred
5. How we keep your Personal Data safe
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, improperly altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your Personal Data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. How long we will keep your Personal Data
When we no longer need to use your Personal Data and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we will either remove it from our systems or anonymize it so that it can no longer be associated with you. When removing Personal Data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible measures to make said Personal Data irrecoverable or irreproducible.
7. Your rights and choices
If for any reason you are concerned that any information you provided to us is not correct and you wish to change or delete it, you have the ability to review and update your personal information to the extent we have it. If you would like to do so, please contact us as set forth below or otherwise view and update your information in your Account profile. You may also contact us to request access to, transfer of, or erasure of your personal information to the extent we have any. Specify the nature of your request and the information that is subject to your request.
We reserve the right not to allow access to your information or to limit your rights (e.g. if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated). In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent or request transfer or erasure. Please note that changes or access you request may not be effective immediately. Please also note that despite any request for removal of or change to personal information, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
Please note, with regards to automatically collected non-identifiable game play information, much of that information will not be associated directly with you or your account, and therefore we may not be able to provide you with access to that information.
8. Legal Grounds
• We rely on the following legal grounds to use your data:
• Where it is needed to provide you with our Service.
• Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as: managing our products and services, and providing our Service to you.
• To comply with our legal obligations.
• With your consent or explicit consent, where applicable.
• For a public interest.
9. Your Rights Under Data Protection Laws.
Here is a list of the rights that individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not.
• The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
• The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
• The right to object to processing of your personal information.
• The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
• The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
• The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
• The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”).
• Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these rights please contact us via the contact information below.
Unless stated otherwise for a particular Service, children are not allowed to use the Services, and we do not collect Personal Data from them. We define “children” as anyone under 18 years old.
12. Third Parties
13. Disclosures Specific to California Residents
We do not sell your Personal Data and have not done so in the past 12 months. The information listed in Section 1 falls under the following California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) categories: identifiers, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, and visual information.
14. Contact Information